Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Waiting

Here's a new photo of the eyes, just to show the mild lid lag when looking down. Sorry about displaying the nose hairs, but I guess all God's children got them.

The uneven closing, which started a week or so after the swelling, was what really bothered me. I associate noticing it with working a shift on the med-surge floor where I had nursing clinicals. Every time I looked down to write on my clipboard, the left lid seemed to sag shut, when in reality it was the right not closing as easily.

My eyes are hurting me worse, feeling sandy; I just bought another $36 worth of eyedrops since I blew through what I have. Tears Naturale and Liquigel work fine for the day, with a healthy squirt of LacriLube in at least the right eye at night. It does not always stay shut. LacriLube is a tube of petroleum jelly with mineral oil, and tends to have moisturized the face by morning. My husband sort of likes the sheen, for what that is worth.

The prednisone makes me feel sick, full and totally unwilling to eat anything. Can't wait till that's done.

Had a lab draw yesterday. I don't expect to be euthyroid yet, based on my crazy heart, which periodically rattles its cage with erratic beats.

No comments:

About Moi

My photo
Wisconsin, United States
Le blog, c'est moi